Insight. Continuity. Guardianship.
We welcome approaches from talented, like-minded professionals who share our values and appreciate our long-term relationship approach to business.
Accuro Trust (Mauritius) Limited is looking for a Risk & Compliance Officer and Money Laundering and Reporting Officer (MLRO)
DESCRIPTION OF ROLE AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To ensure that all areas of the Mauritius business unit are compliant with current local regulatory requirements including Anti Money Laundering and all regulatory guidelines and consistent application of internal policies and procedures.
- To monitor, analyse, measure, mitigate, and report on business, client, entity, market, operational and employee risks impacting local or group businesses.
- To assess the risk framework including the Business Risk Assessment, the Risk Appetite documentation, the policies and procedures to ensure they work together to provide an accurate picture of the material risks faced by the business.
- To work with and support the business in the management of potential or actual client/entity risk which may arise on individual cases.
- Be responsible for the maintenance, execution and regular updating of the core local risk and compliance monitoring systems.
- To supervise the maintenance of relevant compliance registers, including registers required under applicable regulations and internal policies and procedures.
- To lead the process of ensuring that the anti-money laundering culture within the company is maintained through dissemination of appropriate information and training, including co-ordinating and delivering risk and compliance focused training for all staff, introductory training for new joiners and co-ordinating the annual compliance training from an external consultant.
- To provide guidance, support and mentorship to all staff, as required, in relation to all risk and compliance related issues including guidance on the application of policies & procedures, local guidelines and regulations.
- To participate actively in all relevant risk and compliance forums at Group and local level to include but not limited to the Mauritius Risk and Compliance Committees, New Business Acceptance process, local client reviews (MOTs) and tracking of subsequent actions required.
- To carry out compliance risk assessment of new business proposals and make recommendations to management to accept or refuse the same.
- To continuously review measures, controls and reporting in place to ensure that the business is adhering to the Mauritius Financial Services Commission Codes and regulations through the delivery of a relevant Compliance Monitoring Program.
- To produce all risk and compliance reports, including but not limited to the monthly Compliance Monitoring Reports, Client World-Check reports, Group Holding Company and quarterly Mauritius Board compliance reports, quarterly reports for the local Risk and Compliance Committees.
- To act as principal point of contact with the Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) as MLRO of the Mauritius office.
- To liaise with the Group Chief Risk Officer, Group Legal team, the local MD and Risk & Compliance Committee all on matters arising from STRs or other matters that may become reportable to external regulators or the FIU.
- To ensure all employees, including local Board members are aware of internal policies and procedures relating to anti money laundering and terrorist financing and their personal obligations in this regard.
- To constantly maintain AML procedures to ensure they comply with local legislation and Group policy.
- To complete at least 10 hours of CPD per year to comply with the FSC competency standards as updated from time to time.
- To provide support and input from a legal perspective on client and proprietary matters affecting the business from time to time.
Internal – Managing Director, Client Services Director, Operations Manager, Local Board of Directors, Staff at all levels in the Company, Group Risk & Compliance, Group Legal
External – Regulator(s), Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU)
- A thorough understanding of the regulatory environment and guidance issued by Financial Services Commission as it applies to offshore fiduciary business
- At least 6 years’ experience in the financial services industry, preferably with a compliance-related or professional qualification
- Computer literate, including MS Office applications and use of databases and spreadsheets
CORE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
ACCURO’S GROUP CORE VALUES
In addition to the above responsibilities, at all times, Accuro seeks to ensure that our Group Core Values are central to every part of our business.
In performing your role and when interacting with clients, colleagues and service providers you are expected to reflect and embody our core values as described below:
We are quick to adapt and respond
We represent each other in everything we say and do
We have an obligation to be courageous and to challenge. We assume positive intent.
— Happy & healthy client relationships
We create mutually healthy relationships in which positive clients experience is critical to us.
— Effective processes
We go through effective processes for decision-making. This requires active listening skills, openness and transparency.
— Collective responsibility & accountability
It presupposes personal responsibility & accountability. We stand up when things go wrong and support each other.
Should you like to apply for this position, please send your CV to Isabelle Lejongard: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accuro provides equal opportunity in recruitment and employment to all individuals and will consider candidates without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation and identity, national origin, age, disability or any other legally protected status and without discrimination based on socioeconomic, marital, parental or caregiving statuses.
We value the diversity of our candidates, employees and board. We reject any form of harassment, discrimination, retaliation or oppression. Respectful communication and cooperation is encouraged and required. Our organization is dedicated to sustaining and promoting diversity with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, training, provision of compensation and benefits and general treatment during employment.