Family Office Pushes Into Zurich

9 April 2018

Kripa website.jpg

Kripa Sethuraman, Head of Family Office

 

A 40-year-old Geneva-based family office is opening a Zurich arm following a management buyout last year. The existing partners are planning for the long-term.

Accuro said it is opening a representative office in Zurich, hiring Kripa Sethuraman as its head of family office in the Swiss finance hub. The firm exists since the mid-70s, when it was founded in Geneva and Jersey.

It has gone through several incarnations since then, including as Investec’s trust arm and as part of Salamanca Group, a U.K. boutique investment and advisory firm. Last year, nine Accuro partners bought out Salamanca for an undisclosed price. The partners under CEO Xavier Isaac own 70 percent. The remaining 30 percent belong to Alexander Ospelt, a securities lawyer in Liechtenstein.

Partner-Run

The partners, largely under 50 years of age, intend to retain and build Accuro’s business for the long-term organically. Accuro said that Zurich offers significant prospects for wealth and estate planning for families with assets looking for trust services across borders.

«This expansion will include the continued broadening and diversifying of Accuro’s proposition into non-fiduciary services by providing ongoing support to wealth owners, family office executives and their advisors in key areas of asset reporting, administration and consolidation as well as risk and project management,» Accuro said in a statement.

African Gateway

Sethuraman, who will lead the Zurich family office, was previously with Quilvest in Switzerland and an international partner at the Family Office Exchange, or FOX. She is a London School of Economics and Georgetown University graduate.

Besides Geneva and Jersey, Accuro also maintains an office in Mauritius, which it uses as a gateway for African investment.

Published in Finnews, Friday 6 April 2018

Accuro Geneva

1, Rue du Pré-de-la-Bichette
PO Box 1744
1211 Geneva 1
Switzerland

T + 41 22 807 2000
E geneva@accurofiduciary.com

Accuro Jersey

PO Box 344
One The Esplanade
St Helier
Jersey JE4 8UW

T + 44 1534 512 512
E jersey@accurofiduciary.com

Accuro Mauritius

Level 8C
Cyber Tower II
Ebene Cybercity 72201
Mauritius

T + 230 403 0400
E mauritius@accurofiduciary.com

Accuro London

29 Farm Street
Mayfair
London
W1J 5RL

T + 44 20 3709 4611
E london@accurofiduciary.com

Accuro Zurich

Accuro Zurich
Dufourstrasse 48
8008 Zurich
Switzerland

T + 41 79 443 8344
E zurich@accurofiduciary.com

CloseClose

Contact overlay

Contact Details 1

Address

Telephone:
Facsimile:
Video Conference:
Email:

Contact Details 2

Address

Telephone:
Facsimile:
Video Conference:
Email: